AN OUTLINE FOR RELOCATING TO MUMBAI
Moving to anywhere in India can itself be a challenge because of cultural shock or for the ups and downs in the financial budget, whether it is related to the housing aspect in the city or related to the schooling of your kids. Each city is rich in that one aspect. However, Mumbai is abundantly rich in most of the things.
Someone once said, “no matter how dark the sky gets, you will always see a ray of light. And once, you see the light, things would shine bright around you!”. A ray of light can change your perception of the world. But where do you get the ray of light from? This ray of light leads you to the bright city of Mumbai because Mumbai feels gives you the hope of living your dreams.
But before nurturing your dreams, there are many things to learn about the city of Mumbai. Though somewhere we all are aware of the heavy rain scenario in Mumbai, yet the fragrance of the rain with chai can give you the feel of heaven.
Looking over the population of Mumbai, it is very much crowded, but surprisingly, Mumbai is one of the safest places to reside for girls. It not only teaches them to be an independent soul but also makes one confident, once they are accustomed to the environment of the city.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS IN MUMBAI
The weather condition in Mumbai can be considered as another challenge to combat while making a living in Mumbai. The climate of Mumbai is tropically wet and dry. The city welcomes you with heavy floods and rivers, especially in July. Also, it is suggested to wear synthetic clothes specially made from cotton, as the rains can last for a long while, and do not forget to look for the clothes which are comfortable with your skin type.
- TRANSPORTATION SCENARIO IN MUMBAI
On the basis, of the above information, we suggest you to-acquaint with public transport rather than taking your personal transport. Also, you can walk down the road if the destination is some minutes away. Because the traffic in Mumbai doesn’t stop for anyone. Therefore, it is preferable to walk on the safer side to avoid any delay.
- THE SCHOOLING STRUCTURE IN MUMBAI
Before you pay an admission fee for your kid in any school in Mumbai, you must know that there are seven types of board systems in the state and each of them is applicable for further studies.
· Maharashtra State Board (MSBSHSE).
· The All-India Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
· The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
· The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE).
· The International Baccalaureate (IB).
· The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
- THE LANGUAGE SCENARIO IN MUMBAI
The languages spoken in the city of Mumbai is Hindi, Marathi, and English. However, Hindi and Marathi are spoken by the common people.
- THE CELEBRATED FESTIVALS OF MUMBAI
Ganesh Chaturthi remains to be the highly celebrated festival in the city. Nevertheless, sports highlights can be considered as another celebrated festival, especially when it is about cricket or football.
- THE HOUSING INFRASTRUCTURE IN MUMBAI
· The houses in Mumbai have a similar infrastructure like the ones in Delhi for middle-class families. Beware of the expense of owning a house in the city as the price could be relatively high.
· Also, you must take care of ‘no sub-division system’ followed between the rich and the poor. If you are standing in the middle of any bridge, the left foot can lead you to poor-broken roof buildings while the right foot can lead you to the high roof buildings.
- THINGS TO TAKE CARE OF WHILE MOVING TO MUMBAI
· Get your vaccinations done to protect yourself from diseases like malaria and chikungunya, and other water-borne and mosquito diseases.
· If you are alone in Mumbai, be confident about your decisions especially when you are out with strangers. Do not let anyone sense about your newness in the city.
· Take care of your financial limitations like the food can be expensive and can be relatively cheap at the same time depending upon the location.
· Create a monthly budget of your finances which will help you learn money management skills in the city.